D.O.E.S.T: DofE Service Team.
A team approach to Service on the North Shore.
Participants at the Windsor Park Open Award Centre on Auckland's North Shore banded together to create the DofE Service Team.
Each week they venture into the community to deliver their community Service Section activities which include:
- preparing meals for cancer patients
- stuffing envelopes for the Heart Foundation
- chopping firewood for the elderly
- putting on a music concert at a retirement village
- performing garden makeovers for new Mums
- cleaning up motorway verges and beaches
- planting trees on Motuhie Island (337 so far)
- packing food parcels or to prepare Christmas day lunch for the lonely
Last year the service team directly affected more than 7,000 lives!
For more pics and some comments from the members of D.O.E.S.T go to the album on our facebook page