Auckland Sea Kayaks
Auckland is one of the world’s most unique sea kayaking locations. Escape from the heart of the city to volcanic islands, sandy beaches and an abundance of wildlife. The sheltered waters of the Waitemata Harbour make it a sea kayaker’s paradise waiting to be discovered.
Adventurous Journey Provider
Auckland Sea Kayaks runs the Adventurous Journey section of the Award with the option to do either a full sea kayaking expedition, or an expedition including both sea kayaking and sailing.
This is a great way to fulfill the requirements for the adventurous journey. Auckland Sea Kayaks have worked with many schools to achieve this in a fun, safe and professional manner. Our aim of this aspect of the Award is to encourage young people to develop an awareness of the environment and the importance of protecting it.
- Auckland Sea Kayaks is an accredited provider of the Adventurous Journey section of The Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award.
- Qualmark Gold Award which recognises the best sustainable tourism businesses in New Zealand
- New Zealand and internationally qualified guides
- Registered Adventure Tourism Operator
- #1 Auckland Sea kayak company on Trip Advisor
To find out more, take a look at https://www.aucklandseakayaks.co.nz/the-duke-of-edinburgh-award-overview/