Afoot - Guided Walks and Treks
Afoot provides both classroom theory and practical training at all levels of the Award and practice and qualifying Adventurous Journeys. These can be provided for a specific individual school programme, or be put together with students from a variety of schools. Afoot is an Accredited Award Provider (AAP) with The Duke of Edinburgh's Hillary Award. In total, Afoot has successfully and safely supervised more than 300 journey days last year for students from Hawkes Bay, Palmerston, Gisborne, Wairarapa and Whanganui.
Afoot operates under a concession from the Department of Conservation providing experienced guides and instructors for journeys into the Ruahine and Kaweka ranges in the central and eastern North Island. We work in Hawkes Bay, Manawatu, Whanganui and Central North Island.
A few things that, we hope, set us apart -
- Small groups - our maximum is eight for one adult guide
- A female guide always accompanies female groups
- Pre-set dates per quarter for easier organisation
- Detailed gear lists, latest photos and other important information is on our website
- Department of Conservation approved
- Reasonable pricing
- Practical approved training modules at all levels
Main contact person – Graham Leech
Contact email – email@example.com