How is the Award Achieved?
To earn an Award, each young person must learn a skill, improve their physical well being, volunteer in their community and experience a team adventure in a new environment. All Participants are supported by a network of adult Award Leaders, Assessors, and Supervisors.
The key elements of our programme are:
- Open to all young people aged 14 to 24.
- Three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold – each progressively more challenging.
- Four Sections: Physical Recreation, Skills, Voluntary Service, Adventurous Journey plus Gold Residential Project (Gold Level only).
- Achieving an Award recognises individual goal setting and self-improvement through persistence and achievement.
- Bronze – minimum 6 months
- Silver – minimum 6 months if completed Bronze, otherwise 12 months for direct entrants
- Gold – minimum 12 months if completed Silver, otherwise 18 months for direct entrants