Governing the Award
The President of the Award in New Zealand is His/Her Excellency The Governor-General of New Zealand.
The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Aotearoa New Zealand | Hillary Award has a Board which governs the running of the Award under a licence issued by The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation.
The Board guides Award policy covering the following areas: finance and administration, standards, delivery and compliance. The current Board consists of Chairperson Prue Kelly, and Trustees Richard Chilton, Andrea Duncan, Ken Hames, Simon McDermott, Maxine Moana-Tuwhangai, Mason Stretch and Daniel Winfield.
To view a copy of the Award's 2017 Annual Report, please click here
The National Office Team
The New Zealand National Office team is based in Seaview, Wellington. The team's operations are supported by the Board together with Hub and Award Unit Leaders (mostly volunteers) throughout the country.
The National Director is Karen Ross, steering the Award with her passion for how the Award challenges the potential of young New Zealanders.
- For relationship and sector development and youth sector liaison, if you have an idea, a problem or you want to discuss Award delivery, and Hub-related queries (Christchurch south) contact Karen Ross, National Director: email@example.com
The programme delivery staff develop, co-ordinate and respond to the needs of Award delivery.
- For training oversight, Adventurous Journey queries, or Hub-related inquiries (from Taupo north) contact Auckland-based Andy Woodhouse: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For ORB delivery and training (including questions about registering as an Award Unit or Award Leader), and for Hub-related inquiries (from Taupo south to Marlborough/West Coast), contact Jessica Zanetti: email@example.com
- For Gold Award queries, Adventurous Journey approvals, Residential Project queries, Gold Award ceremonies, certificates and badges, contact Marie Wilson: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To find your local Regional Hub click on the map
Our finance and fundraising staff oversee our finances, look after our funders and donors, and oversee our partnerships. They ensure our operations are efficient and oversee our budget, making sure we're accounting for, and making best use of, every dollar we receive from our supporters and funders.
- For all accounts, claims and programme reporting, and general Award queries, contact Candice Maritz: email@example.com
- For funding, sponsorship and partnership inquiries, and for Gold Award Holders’ Association queries, contact Kate Ricketts: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Communications staff tell our stories and keep you in touch with Award news.
- For website news, story ideas for newsletters, and any kind of good news you’d like to share, contact Linda Palmer: email@example.com