1. Learn Basic Camera Operation, Techniques etc.
- Black and White
2. Camera and Its Uses:
- Ways of reducing camera movement
- Fault Finding
3. Photo Shop for Beginners:
- Learning the work area
- Learning the menus – learn the major menu options and what they mean
- Understanding the tools – tools in the tool box
- Using the Platte well
- Using Rulers, Columns and Guides
- Putting images into photo shop
- Image size and resolution
- Selecting, resizing and transforming
- Using layers and types
- Learn about colour modes and models
- Adjustments and modifications – improve the quality of an image (clean it up) by applying modifications
- Add exciting effects to images – layer effects, shadow, glows, colour effects and use filters
4. After learning how to use Photo Shop prepare a project investigating all the aspects of Photoshop. Modify at least 12 different images you have taken and add your own effects.
Those with some knowledge should:
5. Conduct Two photo studies investigating a theme e.g. animals, gardens, children.
- Each should Contain 12 consistent photographs and put into a Suitable Presentation.
6. Modify at least 12 different images you have taken and add your own effects.
7. Write a research project, supported by visual material on the history of photography and what are the differences between digital and film cameras. Then explain what there uses are.
The more advanced should:
8. Plan a Study/Investigation on the Different Types of Photography and Take 2 Example Photos for each Style and put into a suitable presentation e.g.
- Snapshots- Snapshots, Portraiture, Posing for Photographs, Fashion, Photography and Wedding Photography
- Water photography
- Humans - Photographing People
- Landscape Photographing Water, Plants, Landscapes & other Natural subjects
- Still Life photography
- Black and White
- Telling a story with a Photo e.g. streetscape, fashion parade, sports event.
- Night Photography
9. Landscape Photography
- Identify the equipment used for landscape photography
- Identify the Main Principles of Landscape Photography
- Investigate how to take a well-balanced photo
10. Create Different Effects with your Landscape Photography
- Photograph Natural Areas
- Photograph Water
- Photograph Streetscapes
Go to at least 5 different locations and take 10 Landscapes in each Category.
Put all into a suitable presentation using different effects from Photo Shop.
These activities should include as much practical work as possible. A diary or log/note book or portfolio of work should be kept